A Patient has been accidentally entered twice into the system, creating a duplicate Patient chart. In this case you may wish to merge the two records together into a single instance.
Unfortunately, LiveDDM does not support this operation. Use the resolution below to help mitigate the problem.
Please use the following process to handle duplicate patients:
- Pick the instance of the Patient with the most information and make that Patient the primary Patient
- Make a note on the secondary Patient in order to identify it as the duplicate. For example, you can change the Manual Chart # to "duplicate".
- Make a note on the primary Patient that there's a duplicate file that may need to be referred to for historical information. You can refer to the Manual Chart # from step 2.
- Move any appointments booked under the secondary Patient over to the primary Patient
- Ensure both Patients are set to have the same Responsible Family Member (RFM)
- Deactivate the secondary Patient's chart