The following specifications are provided as a guideline for clients and hardware vendors to use when setting up systems to run LiveDDM v6. These specifications do not include additional software requirements (i.e., Microsoft SQL Server Express, Windows ICA Service, etc.). If you have any questions or concerns regarding these requirements, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Doctor Company does not support installing LiveDDM on Operating Systems that have passed "End-of-Life" according to the Operating System Vendor (i.e., Microsoft). For example, Microsoft Windows XP, Home Server (incl 2011), Windows Server 2003 through 2008 (without SP2) are not supported. If you are concerned that your system may not be supported, please check the following link https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/hub/4095338/microsoft-lifecycle-policy
Please make sure that you are aware of your current Operating System's "End-of-Life". Microsoft Windows 7 will be reaching "End-of-Life" on January 14th, 2020. This means that support for installing LiveDDM on this operating system by The Doctor Company Inc, will come to an end.
The LiveDDM "server" does not require specialized hardware (i.e., Intel Xeon processor, excessive RAM, etc). The requirements below are based on a server setup where the machine acting as the server is used for LiveDDM data only. That is, the machine is not used as a LiveDDM workstation. If the machine is to be shared with other processes (i.e., imaging software, LiveDDM workstation, etc), then the requirements below should be increased accordingly to accommodate the workload.
Please note that we do not implicitly support installing LiveDDM Server on a machine that is acting as a Domain Controller. Due to LiveDDM's requirement for SQL Server and Network Shares, installing LiveDDM Server on a machine acting as a Domain Controller could present a significant security and performance risk to both the Office and Patient Data. As such, we require explicit consent from the practice owner before proceeding.
- Minimum Intel Core i7 CPU or AMD equivalent
- Minimum 500GB HD data disk in addition to OS disk (SSD or HDD)
- Minimum 16GB RAM
- Gigabit Network Adapter
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit) or Windows Server 2012 Standard (or better)
- Microsoft SQL 2017 Express
- LiveDDM Workstations require shared access to folders on the Server. This means that the Windows User account on the workstation will need permission to access the shares across the network.
- CDA Certificates must be installed on the Server only
- The ITrans ICA Service must be installed as a Windows Service using the same Windows Credentials that the CDA Certificates were installed under. Please contact ITrans for specific information.
- Minimum Intel Core i5 CPU or AMD equivalent
- 500GB HD
- Minimum 8GB RAM
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32bit or 64bit) Operating System
- Gigabit Network adapter
- Onboard graphics
- Monitor with minimum 1024x768 resolution
- 1 Free USB 2 (or compatible version) port for signature pad (Optional)